Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Great Book

We got up nice and early, well, ok, not that early, on Saturday morning to go pick up a couple of copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Then we proceded to spend most of the day reading it, then we got up on Sunday and read the rest of it. It was soooooo good! I continue to be amazed at how JK Rowling created this whole world in her head, including history several hundred years into the past, and development of very minor characters, then weaved it all together into this cool story. That's all I'll say about it, in case some of you haven't finished this book, or ever plan to read the series. I highly recommend reading the series, if you haven't, by the way... It's a great story of good vs. evil, hate vs. love, etc. that is along the same lines as CS Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia or Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. This series is a little more "kid" oriented than Lord of the Rings, but the books grow up in style and theme as the characters grow up, which is what got all of us adults hooked, I think. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and reread this book as soon as I finish one of my other books, it was that good!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I plan on reading the series at some point though I've probably ruined it by seeing all the movies first. I will have to read it though before Noah wants to for sure. I probably have a few years yet.

Jeff and Michelle said...

The books are so much richer in content than the movies! They also changed things here and there in the movies to make them more suitable for film. So, you should definitely read the books. And yes, you should read them before Noah does. The first few are kid-appropriate, but as the characters age, so does the seriousness of the themes, and you'll want to be able to talk with him about what he's reading.