Sunday, October 5, 2008

A weekend with my grandparents

We spent the weekend with my grandparents at their house in Manhattan. We drove up there Saturday morning, along with all the KSU football fans. They lost, hah hah! We arrived in time for a spaghetti lunch with my grandparents. We spent some time in the afternoon walking on the Hudson Trail that runs behind their house. After an early dinner, we went over to Meadowlark, a retirement community, to hear my grandfather give a presentation on a trip to Tunisia that he and my grandmother took along with several other couples, one of whom now lives in Meadowlark and organizes Saturday night presentations like this one. This morning we made it to church, then had lunch together, and drove home this afternoon. Here are some pictures from the weekend.

Walking on the trail

Errol

Fang

Flowers at my grandparents' house

Flowers at Meadowlark

My grandmother (on right) with her good friend, Wy

Grandfather lecturing

Grandfather again

Errol is doing much better now. The bleeding in his tummy seems to have stopped. He never showed any signs of feeling ill, so we're confident that he'll be okay.

No comments: