Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bar stools!

We've been in our house now for five and a half years. Over the course of those five and a half years, we've half-heartedly attempted to find some bar stools for our kitchen that a) we both liked, b) were sturdy enough to hold people, c) went with our funky decor, and d) weren't horribly expensive. We never had much luck. I finally decided about a month and a half ago that I'd had enough of searching, and that there had to be a bar stool out there somewhere that met our needs. I scoured the internet and came up with about forty that I liked, which we eventually narrowed down to one. We had no idea if it would be comfortable or sturdy, but after successfully living without bar stools for so long, we decided that it probably didn't matter, as they really weren't necessary for our survival.

We ended up ordering four stools about a month ago, and they finally arrived this week. We assembled them and were pleased to discover that they were both comfortable and sturdy, and that they went reasonably well with the rest of our great room. Now we just need to have someone over to watch us cook so they can be useful for something other than terrorizing Errol.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Your Mom and I like your new bar stools. I think they fit very well in the room. We have not been on the blog for a long time so we really enjoyed the pictures etc. The duck actually looks good. I was not certain what that would be like. I thought it look like the wonderful sushi bar stuff you had served to me. Have a good evening. Dad

Chuck said...

Those stools look like they would be very comfortable to sit in while your updating your blog with some new posts! hint hint.... :) Hope all is well.