Thursday, October 4, 2007

On the market

We put my mom's house on the market for sale this week. It's both a relief to finally have it listed and a sad time because it's the end of our family's story in that house. My grandparents built it in 1959, and it's been occupied by various members of our family ever since. My mom lived in it the longest, and all four of us kids grew up there. There are so many memories in that place. Our realtor has been a big help in getting it ready. She's awesome - she actually lived in the house next door to my mom's when we were growing up, so she knows all of us kids and has made everything easier on us. Anyway, here's a link to the listing, if you want to see pictures of it before it goes away. We're hoping it will sell quickly, but who knows with the market as bad as it is right now.

1 comment:

Meliss said...

I didn't know that your grandparents built that house! It is kinda sad to see it get sold.