Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Roar

I'm feeling quite empowered today because I managed to change a flat tire on my car this morning all by myself. I left home as usual and got about halfway through the neighborhood when I heard a little light thumping. So, I stopped to check the tires, and sure enough, the left rear was pretty low. I decided it still had enough air to get back home, so I turned around and got the car back into our garage. I had to change out of my work clothes into something else that I could get dirty in, and then I proceeded to change the tire. It took a while, and there were a couple of lugs that I really had to jump on to get loose, but eventually I finished the job, got back into my work clothes, and headed back out. I also managed to visit a car repair shop all by myself (I hate them, so Jeff usually gets sent, or we go together) to drop off my bad tire for repair and to make sure I had my spare's lug nuts on tight. I did. :) Hopefully they can fix my flat - it has a screw stuck in it. If not, I guess we get to buy a couple of new tires. Bleh. Tires are not fun purchases. Well, maybe for boys they are, but not for me.

Now I just have to deal with all the guys at work who want to try and help me change the huge paper rolls on our big printers, a job I usually do anyway because they're all too lazy to lug the paper up from the shop into our office. Go away, boys, I can do it myself. I am empowered today.

2 comments:

Margie said...

Yea Michelle!

My philosophy is that I can do anything but there are some thing I just choose not to do. Changing a tire is one of those things.

Kansas said...

You crack me up!! :-) You go girl!!