Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pup Pouches

These little items of awesomeness arrived in the mail today. We plan to use them on an upcoming adventure that you'll hear more about in a few weeks. We were frankly expecting these pouch carriers to be a total failure, but they work surprisingly well. There was an initial struggle when I put the first guinea pig (Errol) in the pouch, but as soon as he was strapped in he totally relaxed and was perfectly content to be walked around the house. I carried him for about 10 minutes, during which we looked out windows he normally can't reach, in mirrors he can't see, and at countertops he rarely visits. He LOVED it. In fact, when I took Errol out of the pouch and replaced him with Fang, Errol started throwing a temper tantrum to be let back in. Fang's reaction to the pouch was similar, so I assume they must think they're pretty comfy. Anyway, you'll hear more about why we purchased these seemingly silly carriers in a few weeks. Hopefully you won't think we're totally insane pup-parents after that.

Errol, riding in the pouch of awesomeness: he's too cool to look at the camera

Errol again

Fang says, "Check it, no paws!"

4 comments:

Charles and Rebecca said...

How fun! I wish they made them in my size so someone would carry me around. :) After seeing this Rebecca asked if she could get one for our min-pin. Cant wait to hear the story behind your purchasing them.

Jeff and Michelle said...

They came from www.drsfostersmith.com, if you really want one for your min-pin. I think they come in sizes up to about 20 lbs. They do have plenty of other choices for bigger dogs, though, in case your little guy is too big for this particular style. :)

Jackie said...

oh my word. that's reaaly funny. i can't wait to hear about the adventure these are for!

Kansas said...

That is hilarious!! But now you've got my curiousity up for what your next adventure is... are you sure you don't want to tell us now? :-)