Sunday, July 6, 2008

Schwarzwälderkirchtorte

Today Jeff finally got around to making a Schwarzwälderkirchtorte, or Black Forest Cake. He's been meaning to make it for some time, but never quite got around to it. Of course, first one has to have a recipe, which he didn't have. After consulting a German and a French cookbook, as well as the web and a food science book, he finally cobbled together something that he thought was adequate. And after several hours of baking action, it turned out pretty well.



Oh, the recipe is available upon request, but it's a pretty complicated one that would take an awfully long time to type up...

(Editor's note: This is Jeff's FIRST EVER BLOG POST!!! YAY!!!)

4 comments:

Charles and Rebecca said...

Well done. Looks yummy and I don't even like cake!(gasp's heard round the world) I love the fact you used it's proper native language name. As Yoda would say "Impressed I am growing your abilities are!" :)
Chuck

Jackie said...

ooh...that looks tasty!

HomeGrownLife said...

This cake looks amazing. Baking is surely a science. I usually get myself in too deep to the recipe before I realize that it is difficult!

Kansas said...

When will I ever learn... never check your blog at lunch time!! :-) Or when dieting! LOL!!