Sunday, December 2, 2007

My weekend project

We spent a few hours doing our Christmas shopping yesterday, and we finished up at Michael's, where we looked for some outdoor decorations for our yard and porch. We haven't done any outdoor Christmas displays since we bought our house 3 years ago, and I am feeling like it's time to put at least something out. I bought a wreath hanger for our front door last year, but we never found a wreath that we liked enough to hang there. I tried again to find one this year, looking online, and around town, and finally at Michael's, but still didn't find anything. So, I decided to try and make one. We picked up some supplies, and I spent a couple hours working on it, and here's the final result! Not too shabby, I say. We'll see how it holds up in the Kansas wind over the next few days. I fully expect to hear glass shattering now and then when ornaments escape their wire ties...


Do you see Fang in the second picture? He was banished to the back deck while I worked on hanging the wreath on the front door.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

how creative of you! it's such a pretty wreath.