Sunday, September 7, 2008

Another project crossed off the list!

I knocked another task off of our list of Long Overdue Projects tonight. The guest bedroom curtains have been hemmed to the proper length! I figured I had better go ahead and do that while I still had all my sewing equipment out. It only took an hour, which seemed just a little bit too easy, since I've been putting if off for about four years now.

Why yes, those ARE Wizard of Oz teddy bears on the window sill... this is Kansas, after all!

Jeff called the guy who originally did our landscaping earlier this week to ask about our sump pump drain problems as well as to ask if maybe he could help us figure out what to do about a couple areas of the planting beds that need a bit of help. The guy remarked that he had driven by our house a few times in the last year and agreed that we could definitely use a bit of advice, LOL! Anyway, there's hope that another one of my long overdue projects, the columbine crazy area of the backyard, might look better in the near future, too.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I'm clicking my heels together and being thankful that I'm not in tornado or hurricane alley! Nice work on the curtains - I am going to show them to my daughter who got a sewing machine for her 10th birthday this hear and is getting sewing lessons from Luke's mom. Im hoping to set the bar high for her next project. :)