Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Jeff got me a really neat birthday present this year. It's a Full Moon Maple Leaf Lines shadowbox from an artist named Booker Morey. He takes real tree leaves of all different varieties and skeletonizes them and then paints them and mounts them in shadowbox frames or coasters. I first saw these on our trip out to Colorado last fall, and I thought they were really cool and really pretty. I really wanted to buy one when we were out there, but because we always feel the need to comparison shop prices we ended up not getting one then, but I kind of wished we had all year, and whenever we'd talk about what we were going to put on the one bare wall in our bedroom, I'd joke about how that's where my Leaf Lines would go. Jeff actually contacted the artist a while ago to get more information on the different leaves and he ended up commissioning one through this gallery for me for my birthday. It's a 24"x36" one, and it looks really cool on our bedroom wall. I kind of lay in bed at night and gaze at it. LOL Unfortunately, it's impossible to take good pictures of the thing without removing the glass from the front of it, which I won't do until it's time to clean it in a couple of years. Until then, you'll have to deal with these.


1 comment:

Jackie said...

ok, i feel like a wretch b/c i totally forgot your birthday. i'm terribly sorry. i am forever getting yours mixed up with my sister's (the 8th and the 15th) but i usually get them right in my head...and this year i just clean forgot. i love the gift you got from jeff and i hope you had a good day. Happy Belated Birthday!