Monday, November 26, 2007

The rest of the holiday weekend

I spent Saturday afternoon cleaning up the living room and dining room and I put out all our holiday decorations, with the exception of the Christmas tree. I really love decorating for Christmas. I know I suck at it compared to some people who put out fresh greens and go all out, but I think our stuff is cute, so there. :P We have some neat decorations that we brought back from the Christmas markets in Germany that we really enjoy seeing every year.

Saturday night, we watched the disastrous KU-MU football game. Oh well, it was bound to happen. We still managed to have the best season in KU football history this year. I’m kind of proud of our team for that. I am also relieved that I no longer have to keep track of two sports at once. We can focus on basketball season now!

Sunday we went to church, then spent the afternoon cleaning our bedroom and moving the furniture in there in preparation for our soon to arrive piano! Yay! I’m really excited to finally get to play again. I hope it gets here this week, but I don’t know for sure when it will.

We finished out the holiday weekend by setting up our Christmas tree and decorating it together. This year, we decided to put a moratorium on ugly hand me down Christmas
ornaments and only put up the ones we like. It’s a little sparse, but it works for us.


1 comment:

Jackie said...

your decorations are lovely--i think less on a Christmas tree is better (though it's hard to do that when you keep adding a couple for the kids every year). i'm glad you had such a nice thanksgiving with your grandparents--you were very considerate to make the 'command performance'.